The Traits Extraction stage in Indexing Pipeline extracts specific or characteristic attributes, or details that the search users express in their conversations. SearchAssist allows you to identify trait characteristics from a source field and save the identified traits in a target field. The target field is used to detect user intentions better.
- Add multiple trait groups to be identified from the source field.
- Define a condition for the trait extraction stage. SearchAssist extract traits only from the documents that satisfy the given conditions.
- Re-order or delete trait extractions.
- Simulate the changes before saving them.
To configure for traits extraction, take the following steps:
- Click the Indices tab on the top.
- On the left pane, under the Index Configuration section, click Workbench.
- On the Workbench (Index Configuration) page, on the Stages column, click the + icon.
- Select Traits Extraction from the Stage Type dropdown.
- Enter a name in the Stage Name field.
- Enter a condition in the Condition field. Add multiple conditions using the AND/OR connectors. SearchAssists considers only the documents that satisfy the conditions as part of the stage. See Conditions in Extraction.
- Select the field you want to extract traits from as Source Field.
- Name the Target Field where you want to store the extracted traits. The application creates the target field.
- Enter trait groups in the Add Trait Groups field.
- Click Simulate to verify the configurations. The simulator displays the Source and the number of documents to which the mapping was applied, and the result. You can change the Source and the number of documents if there is no mention of it in the conditions.
- Once ready, click Save Configuration on the upper-right.
Conditions in Extraction
Condition is of the following format: ctx.fieldtype==value or ctx.fieldtype!=value. Obtain the field_name from the Fields table under Index Configuration.
For example, ctx.contentType==”web” to restrict the extraction to the content from a web source.