Question & Answer
Questions & Answers (Q&A) cover scenarios where user queries are answered by a single response over Voice and/or Chat. They are used to configure simple queries like business working hours or contact details. The behavior is defined differently for voice and text modes i.e., you can configure frequently asked questions and answers and SmartAssist behavior over phone and chat channels.
- UseCase Name – Use Case Name or the Primary Question is the question that customers typically use for their queries. For example, a customer looking for directions to a given outlet would ask – How do I get to your outlet in South Beach?
- Alternate Utterances – You can improve matching the user’s intent with the use case by adding alternate utterances like – Where is your South Beach outlet?
- Experiences – Experience is the response that customers receive. It is configured differently based on the interface used to reach a SmartAssist hosted contact center – Voice and/or Chat.
- Chat Experience – This is the experience a customer receives when they reach SmartAssist over a chat medium such as a widget hosted on a website.
Q&A – Live Board
For the selected use case, the list of questions and customer utterances are available in the above live board view.
The other fields displayed in the table view include the following:
||The question category for the given use case.
||Displays the pre-defined call and chat experience response links for Q&A over calls.
||Displays the status ‘Published’ if the Q&A has been published otherwise displays ‘In Development.’
|Action icon and menu
||Click the ellipses icon in each row to view the action menu. The ‘Edit’ option helps modify the Q&A values, and the ‘Delete’ option deletes the Q&A entry.
Add New Q&A Use Case
If you want to configure the responses under call and chat experiences for a new Questions & Answers use case, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Configuration and click the Use Cases in the left menu bar.
- On the Use Cases page, by default, the Questions & Answers tab is selected.
3. The Default Automation Bot in the drop-down and Questions & Answers tab are by default selected. You can select a different bot if needed. Click + New Use Case.
4. Click the + New Use Case button. The New Use Case panel is displayed and the tab General Setup is selected by default.
5. Enter Use Case Name, select Category, and enter user Utterances. Click Save to save the Use Case.
Note: In the Category field, enter a category or select a category from the list. This helps you organize the Q&As for easy management.
6. Click + Add Another to add new utterances or search and add existing Utterances.
Note: If you want to delete any utterance click the delete icon provided next to the utterance.
Configure Question & Answers
After you add use cases, you can complete the configuration under Call Experience and Chat Experience tabs (see the preceding image) or you can save the use case and click Configure under the Calls and Chats columns.
To configure a Q&A, perform the following steps:
- On the Use Cases page, under the Questions & Answers tab, you can find the list of questions added.
- For Call Experience, click the Configure link under the Call Experience column and enter the Response that users hear during a call.
3. Click + Add Another if you want to add one more response.
4. Click Save.
5. For Chat Experience, click the Configure link under the Chat Experience column and enter the Response that the user receives over the chat interface.
6. Click + Add Another if you want to add one more response.
7. Click Save. On clicking Save UseCase is successfully updated.
Note: For Call Experience or Chat Experience at least one response is mandatory. If more than one response is available, the Delete icon is enabled. You can delete a response if required. System randomly selects the response to be displayed to the user.
If we edit Call Experience and Chat Experience responses, a View Response link is displayed for that Q&A entry.
Manage Utterances and Category
1. The number of utterances available for a Q&A entry are displayed under Utterances (see the following image).
2. To add alternative new utterance, click + Add Another button.
3. Click Save. The utterance gets added to the Q & A.
4. You can search the utterances and also delete using options available under Utterances.
5. Using Category drop-down, you can update the category.