Add a Conversation
To add a new Conversations use case, perform the following steps:
- Navigate to Configuration > UseCases> Conversations tab, click + New Use Case.
Note: You can select the bot for which you want to add use cases from the top left side of the page (see the above image).
2. In the New Use Case panel under General Setup
3. Enter Use Case Name, select Category, and enter user Utterances. Click Save to save the use case.
4. You can select the Use Case Type on this panel.
- Customer Use Case: On selecting this, the Use case will be available for end customers. Call Experience and Chat Experience tabs are displayed.
- Agent Assist Use Case: On selecting this, the Use case will be available for agents in agent assist and Triggers & Permissions tab is displayed.
Note: If you select both check-boxes all three tabs (Call Experience, Chat Experience, and Triggers & Permissions) are displayed.
Note: If you select Enabled, the UseCase would be enabled. If user utterance matches then the usecase would be triggered.
5. In the Category field, enter a category or select a category from the list. This helps you organize the Conversations for easy management.
6. Click + Add Another to add new utterances or search and add existing Utterances.
Note: If you want to delete any utterance click the delete icon provided next to the utterance.
7. Click Save to save the use case.
8. On clicking Save the new Use Case is displayed under Conversations as shown in the following image.
Note: Under the Use Case Type the icons are displayed based on your selection, Customer Use Case Type and Agent Assist Use Case Type are displayed in this example as both options are selected.
In the preceding image, only Agent Assist Use Case Type is displayed for the first one, as per the selection.
Configure a Conversation
After you add use cases, you can complete the configuration under Call Experience and Chat Experience, Triggers & Permissions tabs (see the preceding image) or you can save the use case and configure later. The following sections explain the steps to be followed to complete the configurations.
Configure Call Experience
Call Experience has three types of configurations. Click the Use Case under Conversations. In the Call Experience tab, select any or all of the following options:
- Automated Dialog
- Transfer to Agent
- Deflect to Chat
Select this to set an automated dialog for the current conversation. This option lets you set an automated dialog for the current conversation on the Kore.ai virtual assistant platform. You must add the required nodes and logic to build the desired conversation flow.
- Callers for this use case will trigger an automated dialog that can be edited on the Bot Platform.
2. Click Edit in Bot Platform to access the platform.
Note: This option takes you to Kore.ai’s virtual assistant platform, where, by default, a bot is generated with a Dialog Task for the current conversation. You must add the nodes and logic flow for the use case. To know more see here.
The configuration options for this Call Experience feature include:
This option redirects the user to an agent with the selected skill. To select the skill, do one of the following:
- Select a skill group from the Agent Skills list.
- You can select only a specific group of skills to map to the agent. Click Save to save the selected preferences.
Transfer to Agent
Users are transferred to a voice agent for further assistance. Configure the message to be played before the call transfer. You need to set up the outgoing call details to complete this configuration.
This option lets you set the pre-transfer message that the user will hear before the agent transfer dialog begins.
The options available to set the pre-transfer message include:
You can select either Default Message from the drop-down or create your own Custom Message. Click Save.
If you select Custom Message from the list, enter your message in the text box and click Save.
Offer Chat Deflection
If this option is enabled, the caller will be redirected to a chat agent for faster service when their response is ‘yes’. If disabled, the caller is put on hold for a voice agent allocation.
When enabled the caller is directed to Chat Automation or Live Chat Agent.
- Chat Automation – An automated chat experience as configured.
- Live Chat Agent – A chat with a live agent is initiated.
In both Chat Automation and Live Chat Agent, configuration options are available to set either a Default confirmation prompt or a Custom message as the confirmation.
Note: To understand the steps followed to select either Default Message or Custom Message, see Pre-Transfer Message.
Deflect to Chat
This option defines the deflection flow users will experience for the selected use case. Users are presented with a link to initiate a conversation with the chat agent.
Refer to Offer Chat Deflection to understand the Chat Automation and Live Chat Agent options and the configuration steps.
Configure Chat Experience
Chat Experience has two types of configurations.
- Click the Use Case under Conversations.
- In the Chat Experience tab, select either or both Automated Dialog or Transfer to Agent options.
- Automated Dialog: Chat conversations for this use case will trigger an automated dialog that can be customized in the Bot Platform. See Automated Dialog of Call Experience to understand the detailed configuration steps.
- Transfer to Agent: Users are transferred to a chat agent for further assistance. You need to set up the agent skills and configure the message to be played before the user is transferred to a chat agent. See Transfer to Agent of Call Experience to understand the details. You will not have the Offer Chat Deflection option available here. Configuration steps for Agent Skills and Pre-Transfer Message are the same as in Call Experience .
Configure Triggers & Permission
Under the tab Triggers & Permission, set the permissions for the options in the new conversation.
The following options can be enabled or disabled in this section:
- During Chats: If enabled, this use case can be manually or automatically triggered by the agent when they are engaged with a customer in a chat channel.
- During Calls: If enabled, this use case can be manually or automatically triggered by the agent when they are engaged with a customer in a phone call.
- During E-Mails: If enabled, this use case can be manually or automatically triggered by the agent when they are engaged with a customer in an email conversation.
- Skill Match: If enabled, this use case can only be triggered by agents who match the skills below.
- Agent Group Match: If enabled, this use case will trigger only for agents who are in the specified groups.
- Launch by Menu: If enabled, the use case will be listed in the menu of use cases in the agent assist window allowing the agent to browse and find this use case to trigger it.
Click Save to save the changes.
In the Conversations list view page, you can perform more actions as follows:
- Use the Group by drop-down to arrange questions into groups based on Category or Status (In Development/Published).
- Use the Search option to use matching words and search for a specific question.
- Click on any Use Case to modify the settings.
- If you want to delete the Conversation, click the more (vertical ellipsis) icon for the Delete option.